GDPR transparency notice
Live Legends (“we” or “us”) is the trading name of Live Legends B.V., company number (KvK) 56590369 and registered office at Hollandse Kade 25, 1391 JD Abcoude.
We create shows in all their facets with our kick-ass team of dedicated creatives. We are lighting designers, video geeks, storytellers, operators, creative spirits, and technical guys. And we know where to find kindred spirits to complement our team. From concept to execution we take you through the whole course of creation.
- What is the purpose of this document?
We attach great importance to your privacy. We use your personal data only for doing business and/or to provide you with information about our products and services and as far as you have given us your permission for this. We highly value the protection, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data.
1.1 This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you during our relationship with you and after it ends. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation.
1.2 We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information. It is therefore important that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘Transparency Notice’), together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information.
1.3 This information is also used by our affiliated entities and group companies, and so, in this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ includes all Live Legends group companies.
1.4 This notice applies to all contractors and freelance workers, including PAYE candidates (working directly via an agency or through an umbrella company) as well as individual contractors, freelance workers and employees of suppliers or other third parties put forward for roles with clients (“Clients”) as part of a production or service.
1.5 Whilst the reference to Clients in this Transparency Notice is, in itself self-explanatory, this category covers our customers, clients (which includes event agencies and outsourcing companies) and others to whom Live Legends provides services in the course of its business.
- What personal information are we collecting?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information relating to an identified of identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
For all business, service and application/job activities we will only collect, store and use the data that is strictly necessary for the purpose of our relationship. This will contain data related to:
- personal information: customer, supplier, freelance worker and employee identification
- quotations, contracting and sales
- applications and job contracts
- financial information
- For what purpose will we use your personal information?
3.1 To establish and perform our agreement; we need your information for communication about business related activities by e-mail and/or telephone as well as for quotations, contract and payment transactions.
3.2 Customer contact and communication: we need your information for communication about business related activities by e-mail, telephone, sms, wechat and/or other electronic media.
3.3 Marketing: we would like to keep you informed about our products and services. At any time you will retain the right to unsubscribe to this information or to modify your contact information.
3.4 Legal obligations: to comply with legislative provisions, e.g. tax authorities.
3.5 General business and (internal) management processes: where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to ensure the smooth running of our business as an architect of live events. We are allowed to do this as long as our activities do not disproportionately intrude your privacy. E.g. insurances, traveling, reports and other administrative purposes.
- What are the legal bases for us to use your personal information?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with you;
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Automated Decision-Making
5.1 All our activities involve human-decision making during the process. We do not take decisions based on fully automated technologies.
5.2 We may collect and use your personal data to manage our website and to provide the information and services you requested. We may also use your personal data to keep you informed about the services of Live Legends B.V. We can also use your personal data for conducting research and analysis, with the aim of improving both our website and our services.
- Who are we going to share your personal data with and for what purpose will they use your personal information?
6.1 We will share your personal information with the following third parties and they will process personal information about you for their own purpose:
- the Client that we do business with to manage our relationship and working facilities (e.g. entrance permits, travel costs, accommodation facilities);
- third parties who we have retained to provide services -if necessary- such as the recovery of payments for the benefit of our companies, to the extent that these activities are appropriate and in accordance with local laws (in the applicable country).
6.2 We may share your data with third-party contractors and designated agencies, and other businesses that provide certain services on our behalf. The following activities are carried out by third-party contractors: e.g. event organization, production and construction, artistic and musical performance.
6.3 We may share your data with tax, audit, or other authorities, when we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to share this data (for example, because of a request by a tax authority or in connection with any anticipated litigation).
6.4 All of our third-party service providers and other entities in the Live Legends group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- Where will we store your personal information?
We will store your information on AFAS and/or Google trusted cloud infrastructure. Information on our database may be accessed by our Group companies from local offices within the EU (Overath – Germany) and our offices located outside the EU (China – Shanghai and Hong Kong). In case we transfer personal data to a country outside the EU we will check that this will only take place in accordance with the GDPR. At any time we will inform you about this.
If you require further information about these protective measures you can request it from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Security
- 1 We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place appropriate organizational, technical and physical security procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
8.2 We use SSL Certificates to enhance the security of our website and services. However, we make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
- Data retention: how long will we use your personal information?
9.1 We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
9.2 We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. After this time it will be anonymised, archived or deleted.
9.3 Some of the archived information may be retained for up to 7 years for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements (or equivalent in your country such statutory requirement, plus 1 year). Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal or regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations.
9.4 If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact email@example.com, or by telephone on +31 (088) 5483535.
- Your rights in relation to our processing of your personal data
10.1 Your duty to inform us of changes: it is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if any of your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
10.2 Your rights in connection with personal information
- You have the right to be informed about what we are doing with your personal data. This notice sets out how we use it.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- You have the right to request us to update the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request us to delete the information we hold about you. If you ask us to delete your personal information we will not be able to provide our services to you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data for a period of time. If you ask us to restrict our use of your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
- You have the right to request us to send another organisation, information that you have provided to us in a format that can be read by computer.
- If you want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 548 3535.
10.3 We will need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights).
- Changes to this transparency notice
We reserve the right to update this transparency notice at any time. We will provide you with a new transparency notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information. Nevertheless we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how live Legends B.V. protects your information.
- Contact information: questions and complaints
If you have any questions about this transparency notice, please contact email@example.com or +31 (088) 548 3535.
If you consider that we have not acted properly when using your personal information, you also have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).